Sport, Implant and Restorative Dentistry
Tony has been involved in the academic side of dentistry for many years with such prestigious schools as the Royal London Hospital, the University of Essex and the Eastman Dental Institute in London.
His sport experience includes acting as Dental Consultant for both the British Hockey and Boxing teams. He has also been Dental Advisor to the IOC medical Commission Games Group during the Olympic Games in Beijing (2008), Vancouver (2010) and Sochi (2014). He will repeat this role in Rio (2016). Tony was also Senior Dental Advisor for the London Olympic Games (2012) Organizing Committee.
Tony’s research involvement includes being a member of the Core Committee for the IOC Consensus Document on Periodic Health Evaluation for Elite Athletes. He was also a member of the Scientific Committee for the last two IOC Injury Prevention Congresses in Monaco.
- Academic – Royal London Hospital, University of Essex, Eastman Dental Institute
- Sports – Dental Consultant, British Hockey, Boxing, Rowing, Alpine Ski Teams
- Committee Member – IOC Consensus Paper on Periodic Health Evaluation for Elite athletes
- Dental Advisor – IOC Medical Commission Games Group – Olympic Games in Beijing (2008), Vancouver (2010), Sochi (2014), Rio (2016)
- Senior Dental Advisor – London Olympic Games (2014) Organizing Committee