Centre of Excellence:
University Heart Center, Zurich, Switzerland
Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Sports Medicine
Chris is a Cardiologist and Sports and Exercise Medicine Physician based in Zurich, Switzerland. His special field of interest concerns sudden cardiac death, particularly in sports. Chris works as chief of service at the University Heart Center in Zurich/Switzerland and heads the local FIFA Centre of Medical Excellence. Besides acting as a team doctor for the Swiss Women’s National Ski Team and a professional ice-hockey team, he provides medical care for many other athletes, officially approved by the National Swiss Olympic Association.
Chris has a lectureship both at the University of Zurich and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH) and contributes intensely to educational and scientific efforts of these institutions.
Chris has a great passion for sports in general and football in particular and played competitively until recently. He furthermore competed as a track and field athlete and an ice-hockey player as well as in various winter sports.
- Chief of service and lecturer, University Heart Centre Zurich/Switzerland
- Head of Outpatient Clinic
- Head of Sports Medicine/Sports Cardiology (approved by Swiss Olympic and FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence)
- Team Physician Swiss Women’s National Ski Team
- Team Physician Kloten Flyers (Ice Hockey)
- Lecturer, University of Zurich and Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH)