Centre of Excellence:
Axis and UniSports Sports Medicine Centre, Auckland, New Zealand
Sport and Exercise Physician
Dan is a Sports and Exercise Physician based in Auckland and has also worked at another FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence, Olympic Park Sports Medicine Centre in Melbourne. He is now Medical Director for Athletics New Zealand (High Performance) and will be part of the New Zealand medical team at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
Dan has interests in the areas of injury prevention, hamstring injury, tendon injury, and cardiac screening of athletes. He is also interested in physician-performed ultrasound.
Outside of work Dan enjoys tennis, golf and snowboarding and while very much a New Zealander, does miss the roar of a full Melboure Cricket Ground.
- Medical Director Athletics NZ
- Senior Lecturer, University of Auckland
- Medical Team NZ Olympic Games Rio 2016
- Former Team Physician Hawthorn Football Club (AFL)
- Masters’ Degree & Research Interest in Cardiac Screening