Centre of Excellence:
- Fortius Clinic, London, England
- The FA Centre for Disability Football Research, St George’s Park, England
Consultant Physician in Sport & Exercise Medicine
Richard is a Consultant Physician in Sport & Exercise Medicine based in London. He has spent the last 10 years working in football medicine with teams at every level including West Ham United FC and the England Men’s Football Team. He has worked within disability football throughout this time and is the Medical Lead for disability football at the Football Association. Richard was team doctor to the GB Cerebral Palsy and Blind Football Teams at the London 2012 Paralympics and is now on his third Paralympic cycle. He is currently the Senior Sports Physician at the British Olympic Association Intensive Rehabilitation Unit. With Dr Osman Ahmed, he was co-founder of the FA Centre for Disability Football Research in 2014.
Richard has many academic interests and has published close to 50 peer reviewed publications, spanning various clinical topics. He remains involved in the National Health Service, advising on many national public health projects promoting the benefits of physical activity. Richard practices what he preaches and enjoys avoiding a tedious commute by taking a long distance run in to work.
- Senior Sports Physician British Olympic Association Intensive Rehabilitation Unit and English Institute for Sport
- Club Doctor, West Ham United Football Club
- Lead Medical Officer, England and Team GB Disability Football, The Football Association
- Honorary Consultant in Sport & Exercise Medicine, Lecturer and external tutor UCL Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health, University College London Hospitals.
- Board Member, The Institute of Sports & Exercise Medicine