Centre of Excellence:
Axis and UniSports Sports Medicine, Auckland, New Zealand
Sarah is a Sports and Exercise Medicine doctor base at Axis Sports Medicine Specialists in Auckland, New Zealand. She has worked with athletes from a wide range of sports and has recently been appointed to the Rio Olympics 2016 NZ Health Team following her involvement as part of the medical team for the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
She is the current Medical Director for Cycling New Zealand and ITM Cup doctor for the Counties Manukau rugby team. She has previous experience working with international netball and rugby sevens teams.
Sarah graduated from the University of Auckland in 2005 and completed her Post Graduate Sport Medicine Diploma, before taking some time off to try her hand at triathlon full time. Sarah has a background in Emergency Medicine, General Practice and found a passion for Military Medicine.
Medical Society Activities:
- New Zealand High Performance Sports Medicine Provider
- Health Care Team Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- HPSNZ Medical Director Cycling NZ
- Past team doctor Wellington Phoenix Football team
- Team Physician New Zealand Commonwealth Games Team, Glasgow 2014